CFA Society Toronto & Hillsdale Canadian Investment Research Award
CFA Society Toronto and Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. are committed to advancing the knowledge of investment management practices through the publication of quality academic and practitioner-relevant research. Submit your research paper for a chance to receive $10,000 (CAD).
The winner will receive $10,000 CAD and be recognized at CFA Society Toronto’s Annual Awards Reception. The winner will also be acknowledged in The Analyst and Financial Analysts Journal publications, our website, and social media channels.
- Open to global researchers conducting research related to Canadian capital markets including both academics (e.g., professors and students) and practitioners (multiple authors per paper permitted)
- Papers that have won awards with other organizations will not be considered.
- Papers submitted for consideration must not have been published, accepted for publication or have received extensive press coverage.
Adjudication Process & Criteria
The first round of adjudication will be completed on your submitted executive summary (see below for more details). The candidates with the top scoring summaries will then have their full research papers adjudicated. Adjudication for both rounds will be conducted by a panel of relevant professionals selected by CFA Society Toronto.
Submissions will be judged on the potential contribution of their applied research to topics of interest related to Canadian capital markets. Areas of research interest include any aspect of investment management, such as portfolio management, asset valuation, risk management, compliance and performance evaluation. Investment fields include traditional and alternative investments, as well as all asset classes and investment vehicles (e.g., fixed income, equities, derivatives, etc.). Research papers are judged on relevance, importance and the degree to which their research has an impact on practitioner’s behaviour.
All of these submission materials must be included to complete your online application:
- Application form (access form by clicking on ‘Apply Now’)
- An executive summary of your research paper (summary cannot exceed 2,000 words – upload summary in online application form)REVIEW CRITERIA~Research used
~Canadian investment management industry relevance
~Canadian investment management practitioner relevance
- A signed letter stating the paper has NOT been published or accepted for publication. (For an example click here – upload letter in online application form)
- Research paper (upload in online application form)
Information & Inquiries
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at: email@example.com or 416.366.5755 x225.
Please note, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all application materials have been submitted by the deadline date. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. CFA Society Toronto reserves the right not to grant an award in a given year.
2018 Award Recipients: Dr. Stéphane Chrétien, Dr. Frank Coggins and Chris Guthrie, CFA, President and CEO, Hillsdale Investment Management Inc.
Current & Past Winners
Application deadline 04 January 2019